POSITION TITLE: Maintenance/Janitor
SUPERVISED BY: Facilities Manager
HOURS: Full time (40 hours/week)
POSITION SUMMARY: General duties include the maintenance of parish facilities, trash removal, and other areas as needed. Duties also include setup/teardown of special events.
- Maintenance, repair and service of building.
- Knowledge of power equipment and hand tools necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Remove, repair and replace lights and ballasts as needed.
- Perform general carpentry work.
- Perform general plumbing maintenance.
- Maintain grounds, including irrigation repairs and gardening.
- Maintain facilities and all parish properties.
- Notify appropriate personnel of structural items or contents needing maintenance or repairs by outside contractors.
- Handle and accept deliveries inside and outside the building as necessary.
- Open set up, close and clean for special events.
- Provide assistance to Diocesan and affiliated organizations using the facility.
- Assemble equipment including desks, chairs, cabinet etc.
- Assist in maintaining building security by checking for unlocked doors and unauthorized occupants.
- Perform duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong working knowledge of repair methods, materials, tools and general practices.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor including frequent bending, walking and heavy lifting.
- General knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and electrical work preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Must be able to understand English
- Ability to be self-sufficient and perform outlined tasks without supervision.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume to: